Saturday, April 2, 2011

Girl Genes - I'm Missing Them

Not girl jeans, I have plenty of those. I'm wearing some right now, actually. However, there's an assortment of things people with XX chromosomes can do, and for some reason, I'm lacking them.

I can't really walk in high heels. I sort of can, if they're not stilettos, but I teeter side to side something vicious. I also take really big steps, so it doesn't look very lady-like.

Speaking of shoes, I've only got five pairs; two pairs of converse, vans, flip-flops, and snow boots. That's all I need. I could go out and buy more, or I could get a new books. Shoes, or books? I'm thinking books.

I can't hook my bra behind my back.

I'm kinda bad at makeup. I can do eyeliner pretty well, but the majority of my makeup skills involve putting it on someone else, and that's only when it's stage makeup.

My handwriting is horrendous.

I'm definitely a guy when it comes to getting up. I pull myself out of bed fifteen minutes before I need to leave, put on clothes, pull my hair back, and run out the door.There was a point (sophomore year) where I would get up an hour before I needed to leave, shower, pick out clothes, do my hair, makeup (raccoon eyes ftw!), etc....And then I realized I could sleep for another forty-five minutes instead. No brainer, there. Besides, it leaves a much bigger impression when I actually take the time to doll myself up.

I wear the same pair of jeans for a week before washing them. I just do. It's easier that way (and I've only got three pairs of jeans, anyways).

All my laundry gets done at once, when I'm out of underwear. Yeah, I could separate it into darks and colors and whites, but that takes too much time. This might be a college kid thing, though.

My friend did my eyebrows for me for the first time the other day, and I'm never doing it again. It hurts. For the most part, they're thinner, and definitely not worth the half hour of pain and sitting still.

The one really girly thing I do is my nails. I like having my nails done, but by done, I mean painted myself. I could get three burritos for the same price as getting my nails done at a salon. Salon nails, or burritos? I'm leaning towards burritos.

Same goes for my hair. I get my hair cut maybe twice a year, and that's only because I can't remember when the last time I got it cut was. I dye my hair a lot, but that's out of a box. Getting your hair done professionally is expensive.

Sometimes I think I ought to put more effort into being a woman. I'd like to be pretty and pull of those feminine things, but I dunno. It's just hard. I have no idea how people do it. I think I need a refresher course in "Girl Lessons".

Wander safely,
Arc.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm burritos... Now I'm hungry.
    By the way, I do the same things. XD

    *LiLa*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only took me how long to reply to this?

    Also, you don't count. You've got just about as many (if not less) than I do ;).

    -Arc.

    ReplyDelete